Friday, May 25, 2012

week 4 leadership role model


I ended up in music by no choice of my own. A counselor placed me in chorus because my health class was over populated. I did not know I could sing. Once I got there I met a teacher that would change the course of my life. Her name was Nancy Bishop.  Mrs. Bishop introduced me to music not just R&B or rock but classical and musical theater. She took me to see my first musical and sparked the passion for music in me that I now try to share with my students.  Mrs. Bishop exposed me to the arts, which I honestly believe changed the course of and possibly saved my life. I find myself saying the things she said to me to my students and taking them to the places she took me and teaching them the songs she taught me.  Mrs. Bishop made me feel like the best singer in the world, which is what a good leader does. She is with out a doubt my role model when it comes to leadership.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story and how your music teacher changed your life. Amazing that it was more or less by accident. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete